Details of the Package
- 22 Dec - Mauritius/Istanbul on Turkish Airlines 161 Departure: 21h05 Arrival: 06h00
- 23 Dec - Arrive in Istanbul at 6am and on to London Gatwick on Turkish Airlines 1981 Departure: 08H05 Arrival: 0920
Transfer to Holiday Inn Express Greenwich , 85, Bugsby Way, Greenwich,London SE10 OGD Free( the room will only be free as from 3pm).
- 24 Dec - Pick up at 7h00 - London – Paris : Welcome to your European Christmas & New Year tour! Leaving London behind us, we make our way to Paris, crossing the English Channel and arriving in the ‘City of Lights’ in the afternoon. We’ll take you on a driving tour of the French capital; get your cameras ready – you’ll be seeing some of the city’s most treasured landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe! After the driving tour we’ll enjoy dinner at a restaurant in the Latin Quarter, an eclectic, bohemian and historic neighbourhood. We’ll then travel back to the hotel on Paris’ world famous metro system, ready to explore the city further tomorrow!
- 25 Dec - Paris : It ’s Christmas Day! Begin the day with a guided walking tour of the Montmartre area of Paris. As you wander the winding streets where artists including Salvador Dali, Picasso, Monet and Vincent van Gogh lived, you will experience this colourful district of the capital, and see the Moulin Rouge and Sacré-Cœur. Afterwards, relax and enjoy lunch with your fellow travellers at a local restaurant. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you wish. This is the perfect day to explore the Christmas markets, including along the famous Champs Elysees, attend a Christmas church service in the Sacré-Cœur, climb the Eiffel Tower or even visit Disneyland!
- 26 Dec - Free day : Join our ‘Paris +’ Optional excursion for a bumper day of Paris sightseeing, as your Expat Explore tour leader accompanies you on an incredible day out in Paris. Your first stop will be a tour of the Fragonard Musée du Parfum, which explores the history of one of France’s most famous perfumeries. We’ll then visit one of the most famous luxury chocolatiers in Paris, Les Marquis de Laduree, for a tasting. The next stop is the Tuileries garden and a tour of the grounds of the Louvre, including its famous pyramid. You will then join a cruise of the River Seine, for a unique perspective of sights including the Grand Palais, the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral. We finish off with a visit to Montparnasse Tower. From the observation deck, you will experience amazing views of the city, including the Eiffel Tower! Celebrate your last evening in Paris with a fantastic cabaret show at one of the top cabaret venues, Paradis Latin. The shows are lively, colourful, and tastefully produced.
- 27 Dec - Burundy - Swiss Alps : Au revoir Paris! Today we sample a taste of small town France with a lunch stop in Burgundy. In the town of Beaune you can visit the beautiful Hospices de Beaune, or try the famous wine. After lunch we take a long scenic drive across the border into Switzerland and head towards the Swiss Alps for our stay in a typical mountain village in the heart of the Jungfrau region. This is one of the most-visited regions of the Alps and also a World Heritage site, containing Europe’s largest glacier. Welcome to the Swiss Alps, your home for the next two days!
- 28 Dec - Swiss Alps : Free day to explore and take in the spectacular scenery of the Swiss Alps. You have two full days available for skiing, snowboarding, sledging or simply having a good old snowball fight! Beginner and experienced ski/snowboard packages are available, with full equipment hire, transport and tuition. You’ll be staying in Wilderswil, a beautiful Alpine village with great views of the Jungfrau, Eiger and Monch mountain peaks, which provides a great base for exploring the surrounding towns of Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen.
- 29 Dec - Swiss Alps : Your second free day in Switzerland! Don’t miss the opportunity to join your Expat Explore tour leader for the train to Jungfraujoch. The journey up the mountain is a highlight in itself, and you shall be shuttled to the highest railway station in the whole of Europe, offering views for miles around on a clear day. This 4000m glacier has a beauty all of its own, and the combination of ice, snow, rock and epic views will stay with you for life. This optional excursion has been voted the number one for the past three years and is a must on your European tour!
- 30 Dec - Swiss Alps – Rhine Valley : This morning we board the coach once more as we make for Germany’s famous Rhine Valley! Relax on board a Rhine riverboat as we head to our hotel in the heart of the Rhine Valley. This is the most concentrated stretch of castles in all of Europe, and it also features vineyards, charming medieval towns and lofty cliffs. Learn the story of the castles, many of which are now in ruins since the river barons left long ago. Once the cruise is over we’ll visit a local wine merchants for an included wine tasting – if the harvest has been good, you may even get to try eiswein (ice wine), a very sweet dessert wine that is produced in very small quantities as it can only be harvested when the temperature drops below freezing.
- 31 Dec - Rhine Valley – Amsterdam (New Year’s Eve) ; Continuing into the Netherlands, we check into the hotel before driving into the city for a cruise of the iconic canals. Starting from the Rijksmuseum, enjoy a pizza and views of Amsterdam’s famous townhouses as you navigate the canals and bridges, finishing off by Central station. Your tour leader will then take you on a walking tour of the city centre and the infamous Red Light District. The rest of the evening is then yours to explore – you’re celebrating New Year’s Eve in Amsterdam so join us for a big party with the friendly Dutch in this lively city!
- 01 Jan - Dutch Countryside Tour : Welcome to a New Year! Today we will experience some of the Netherlands greatest icons, including an entertaining demonstration on how traditional Dutch clogs are made and a lesson in local cheese making. There will be time to pop some clogs on, and taste the cheesy treats. We’ll also visit the historical windmill village of Zaanse Schans, where you will discover how they were vital to industrial development in the Netherlands. This is a great chance to get some fabulous photos! A visit to the quaint sea side village of Volendam allows you to stretch your legs, wander the main street filled with cafes and local nick-nacks and admire the sprawling views. After a full day of exploring, we’ll head back to the hotel, with a drop off in the city centre for those who want to explore Amsterdam further.
- 02 Jan - Bruges – London : After your Amsterdam adventure, you have one more stop before you set off for the UK. Bruges is a small but picturesque city in Belgium, with breathtaking architecture and a wonderful personality. Described as the ‘Venice of the North’, take some time to stretch your legs and indulge in a spot of sight-seeing. You will find plenty of chocolatiers ready to educate you on the quality of their produce. After your visit, you will then be on your way back to London, crossing the English Channel on the way. This is the perfect time to exchange contact details with new friends and travel buddies as you prepare to disembark in the capital. Pick up from the drop off point and transfer to Dorsett Shepherd’s Bush or similar.
- 03 Jan - London : Free
- 04 Jan - Transfer to the airport noon to catch Turkish Airlines 1972 Departure: 17h45 Arrival: 00h45
- 05 Jan - Arrive in Istanbul and on to Turkish Airlines 160 Departure: 0h20 Arrival: 13h10